Steven Tyler and Jennifer Lopez vacated their judging positions only last week, but one seat on the American Idol judging panel has already been filled by Mariah Carey. Meanwhile, executive producer Nigel Lythgoe said at a Television Critics Association meeting that since Lopez told Ryan Seacrest that she was only “99 percent sure” she was leaving, there is a 1 percent chance she will return. Then, Lythgoe went on to contradict himself. He also expressed a desire to keep the show fresh with new judges each season.
Over at The Hollywood Reporter, there are some interesting American Idol related charts, such the following one.
Do you think Mariah Carey will make a good judge? Does American Idol even matter anymore? Tell us what you think in the comments.
On Thursday, FX will run a marathon of Charlie Sheen’s favorite Two and a Half Men episodes. It will lead up to the series premiere of Anger Management.
Jennifer Hudson will have a multi-episode on Smash next season.
Alex Trebek is recovering from a heart attack.
TMZ reports that NBC will pay Ann Curry 10 million to leave Today.
Maura Tierny gets a recurring role on The Good Wife.
According to The Hollywood Reporter, NYC Mayor Michael Bloomberg likes HBO’s Girls.
The Hollywood Reporter reports that 2oth Century Fox has bought the movie rights to Seasame Street.
The show has had two other theatrical releases: Follow That Bird in 1985 and The Adventures of Elmo in Grouchland in 1999. The movies were distributed by Warner Bros. and Columbia Pictures, respectively.